AQW 22237/17-22

Mr Andrew Muir
Alliance Party
North Down

Tabled Date: 10/09/2021
Answered On Date: 15/09/2021
Priority Written: Yes

To ask the Minister for Infrastructure to outline the source of matched funding for the FASTER East Border Region INTERREG project.

I am pleased that my Department has been able to support this EU Funded project to install EV Rapid Chargers. The project will complement and enhance the existing EV charging infrastructure.
The EU is providing 85% (€5,677,101) of the funding through the European Regional Development Fund with the remaining 15% (€1,001,841) of match funding being provided by project partners in Scotland and through my Department and the Department of Transport as Accountable Departments for the INTERREG VA Sustainable Transport Thematic Objective in Northern Ireland and Ireland.